Updated for a July 2012 event (Erratum: The main header says upcoming class, but this is a ritual, not a class):
Hurt in the Name of Spirituality?
A Seven-Week Healing Ritual
I am going to lead a seven-week healing ritual for people who have been hurt by spiritual teachers or groups. The ritual will also help you find power you lost due to such injuries.
Suitable whether the problem was caused by mainstream religion or an alternative teacher or group.
Whether the hurt comes from a Christian, pagan, new ager, or other, there are many reasons pain is caused: fundamentalism (fundamentalism can be found in any spiritual context, even pagan), ineptitude, jealousy, competitiveness, and unsound teachings are just a few sources of damage. There are also many types of injuries that result but, whatever the type one suffers, it might be extensive and have even ruined one’s life.
I am motivated to offer this ritual because, in my decades as a community shaman, I have seen it all, a zillions injuries in the name of spirituality.
Here are a few examples of issues I have addressed:
1) I’ve helped a lot of people recognize their power, beauty, and unique value, after they had been demoralized by invalidating teachers and groups who treated them as it they were “less than.” Often, the injured party was spiritually beaten up by mainstream religion, so turned to alternative situations, only to be trampled all over again, by the very people they had hoped would understand and be supportive.
2) I have been repeatedly asked to fix a botched initiation. I can not tell you how many times someone asked me, “Can you help? So and so was initiated, and it didn’t go right!”
3) I have facilitated the healing and empowerment of students whose teachers could not handle the techniques they taught, so the energy got out of hand and hurt students, who were then shamed and deserted, instead of helped.
4) Careless teachers introduced students to techniques they were in no way ready for. They experienced psychic burnout, negative entities, or other problems. I helped pick up the pieces and fix the situation.
6) Some people didn’t know what the wound actually was, they only knew they were not the same anymore, they felt lost or unwholesome or vaguely “wrong.”
The ritual is relevant to most types of injuries, but if you have any doubt, feel free to call me.
This will be a seven week ritual, not a therapy, discussion, or support group. There will be plenty of support, but if you need therapy, or a good many long dialogs, this is not the right process for you. Dialog will happen, but is not the core process. What I do offer is
* expert shamanic healing of your spirit
* limited enrollment so you receive individualized attention
* rituals tailored to your specific needs
* safe, ethical tools that empower you to self-heal when needed, but to reach out when that is a more appropriate choice. The first option helps you feel your power to be in control, while the second allows support when needed.
It might be hard to understand how I could be caring and sensitive to your needs, without there always being a lot of dialog. I cannot explain the process I use, it has to be experienced. But I can say a few things:
* The ritual is not the same shamanic stuff you might have already tried. So if that didn’t work, or not work fully enough, my approach adds new elements.
* I have spent my life learning traditional shamanic techniques, developing innovative healing modalities, and perfecting my skills. I trained in this field fulltime. This was not academic theory but skill training. Then I worked fulltime as a spiritual guide. My hands-on experience is massive. If you want more info about how solid my background is, read my bio.
* Look into your heart, to know whether this group feels safe and right for you.
The ritual is without prerequisites and suitable for newbies. I individualize material, so adepts who need help past their own methods will be given substantive support. The group involves no religious doctrine. This is about your spirituality, whatever that may be.
This group can be used as one of the electives required to participate in Third Road Advanced Shamanic Training.
The group meets every THURSDAY, for a total of seven meetings, starting JULY 12. The meeting goes from 6:00 PM (EST) to 7:00. RESERVE Thursday, AUGUST 30, same time, for a makeup class in case I’m unavailable for one of the planned sessions.
TUITION is $250. TO REGISTER, sign up for “Special Event” at http://www.well.com/user/zthirdrd/specialevent.html You might pay long-distance charges, depending on your long-distance plan. If so, they appear on your phone bill. The event’s area code is a U.S. #.
Upon receipt of payment, your place is reserved, and event details emailed to you. No refunds.
If u need more info, can’t use PayPal, or want to discuss scholarship or trade, call me: 814-337-2490. Don’t email; disabilities = I can’t discuss events by email.
This essay on ethical and unethical teachers might be of interest.
Love, Francesca De Grandis